90/10 rule

~ Robert Kiyosaki ~ 

The 90/10 Rule of Money is something that my rich dad taught me about. I have written about it in Rich Dad, Poor Dad and my other books.

Simply put, in the game of money and the game of life too, 10 percent of the players win 90 percent of the money. For example, in golf, 10 percent of all professional players win 90 percent of the money, and 90 percent of the professional players split the remaining 10 percent.

The 90/10 Rule has served as a trusty rule of thumb in my life. It has helped me identify the things I can do to maximize my success and wealth. And I know it can help you too.

For example, one of the reasons I have not taken up the game of golf as a profession is simply because I do not think I could be in the top 10 percent. Not only do I believe I don’t have the talent, I do not have the desire. However, when I decided to write Rich Dad, Poor Dad, I was not only pretty certain my book could do very well. I knew the book could be extremely successful. I wanted to teach my ideas about success, and I wanted the book to win.

I was right. As an author, I am now in the top 10 percent. In fact, Rich Dad Poor Dad has been touted as the third longest-running best seller on the New York Times bestseller list. And now our new book, Why We Want You to Be Rich, has done very well too.

So if you want to boost your earning potential to new heights, stay fixed on that 10 percent where you can maximize your earning potential. And leave those other pursuits to other people.